Tips & Techniques
Impression Trouble Solutions
- Zirconia cannot be etched for bonding like other all ceramics.
- You need to use a cleaner after try-in of bridge or crown to clear up any salivary contamination.
- Saliva will inhibit the bond between cement and zirconia restoration.
- IvoClean is our recommendation
Visit: Ivoclean website
- Use alginate impressions for your partial framework restorations.
- Polyvinyl Siloxane is more rigid than alginate and can cause movement in periodontally involved teeth. It will also displace soft tissue.
- Always use prepackaged bags.
- Do Not use canned alginate for restorative impression. Humidity collects in canned alginate and changes the mixing properties.
- Please be certain to follow the manufactures specifications when pouring models in office.
- Improper liquid/powder ratios will cause model to be larger (loose fits) or smaller (tight fits) than actual.